Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Museum of The City of New York




I started working at this museum last month giving a talk, teaching visitors about New York. When I was a little kid I told my parents that "when I grow up I'm going to move to NYC and be an artist"  and that's exactly what I'm doing. With 7 solo shows under my belt and inclusion in a group show at the museum of modern art and positive reviews in the New York Times I would have to say that my life is kind of a dream come true and living in New York City is a big part of that dream so it's really fun to be working at this museum. I never would have guessed that I would enjoy standing in front of a large crowd every day and speaking to them would be so rewarding but it really is and the visitors have a lot of questions for me too, sometimes they look at me in awe and say 'What's it like to be an ARTIST in New York City???""

I realize it is kind of amazing and I love sharing my experiences. Some people recognize the building as the set of the old TV show "Gossip Girl" which I used to watch too a long time ago. So much has changed since then, all for the better.

No comments: