Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Prada Marfa



If anyone else here watches gossip girl you may have noticed that Serena's apt has some pretty cool art. Last night I noticed a wall piece that just said Prada Marfa and I thought Id put up some pictures of the actual piece that is being referenced there, because its by 2 friends of mine Michael Elmgreen and Ingar Dragset. They built a small Prada store in the desert in Marfa Texas, with Prada's blessing. Prada actually donated the shoes and bags that are inside. The store is never really open. I've found some great pictures on the web of it and I hope I get to see it myself sometime soon.

8 comments:

C. L. DeMedeiros said...

CoOL!!!

Unknown said...

would you happen to know if there are more than one of the 1837 miles to new york sign?

Anonymous said...

Do you know, by any chance, whose work the Prada Marfa poster in Gossip Girl is? :)

Ignacio said...

I'm interested in the poster of Prada Marfa at gossip girl also, any information?

Anonymous said...

I am also very very interested in the sign.

Could the author reply with any information?

I'm totally looking forward to it. =)

Unknown said...

Hey guys,
The Prada Marfa in the van der Woodsen's living room on Gossip Girl is actually produced by the Art Production fund, and can be found at worksonwhatever.com. All the information's right there, just scroll down!

Anonymous said...

http://worksonwhatever.com/pradamarfasignedition.aspx

LuigiCiaccio said...

From Gossip Girl,but first of all from Marfa,directly in your living room.

http://artisticlab.blogspot.com/