Saturday, June 25, 2011

NYC passes marriage equality and already my family is pressuring me to get married...




I was in bed last night at 9:30, exhausted from the previous night's Gay Pride week revelry and I got a text from one of my nieces at 10:30 saying "This was a great day for America" thenm when I woke up this morning there was an email from my brother saying he was looking forward to having a new brother in law as is my Mom...and sure I'm joking in the headline there, I love me some borscht belt humour, but actually I gotta say there has been all this outpouring of love towards me from my family. I spent 2 1/2 hours on the phone with my mom last week where she was telling me all about how much my dad loved me. This was prompted by me relating to my mom that I never saw my parents really liking each other and all I remember from my dad was disapproval and criticism of my choice to move to New York and be an artist...and now my nieces, my brother, my mom, all these people telling me how much they love me...it's awesome!

For a long time I didn't much care for my family, I really didn't want too much family in my life and I didn't share much with them out of a fear that they would disapprove, but I find that more I open up to them, the more they welcome me with open arms, it took a long time to get to this spot and, yeah I wish I had gotten here sooner, but everything happens as it is meant to happen, I truly believe that.

No comments: