Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Hey, i'm a Blogger

I guess Im doing this in preparatiuon for a big trip I'm taking in a few weeks. Brazil! I wont have a lapee topee with me and i want to stay in touch with friends and family so I figured Id start a blog where i could post some pics too. Why Brazil? well, i met a really cool guy who is living there , for now..we met in New York, and immediatly it dawned on me that he was exactly the person i was looking for. He has a great positive outlook, believe's that anything is possible, is not afraid to open up and share with me and is doing a pretty good job of learning what makes me tick..

Top Ten reason's to Go To Brazil..

10) I've never met a Brazilian I didn't like...

9) All of my Brazilian friends have always told me I would love it there..

8) Everyone I know who has ever been have told me "If you ever get a chance to go....GO!!!"

7) The Music is AWESOME...everything from the Punky "os mutantes" to diva Balladeers like adriana Calconhoto, crazy pop sensations like baby consuelo, geniuses like caetano veloso,
amazing songs like cantieros, gosotso demais, oceano,vai levando, aquas de marco, fogo, tive razao...well you can see I'm obsessed

6) It's summertime there now!!

5) I'll get to stay in my friend's apartment and be in a residential neighborhood so i can walk around and get a feel for this place unlike being a hotel-bound tourist...

4) I'm crazy about latin american art...i saw the show "Geometry of Hope" at the Grey art Gallery at NYU 3 times. i saw another show from a related collection at the Fogg at HARVARD in 2001 and was blown away then. And when Bill and I went to buenos Aires in 96 all the museums there had a whole different history of modernism than I was used to from MoMA, so I hope to make some more amazing discoveries this time too....

3) I already know one Brazilian dog

2) I'm finishing up a big project, a year of drawings which is going to be published in a book this spring and I need a vacation!

1) I'll get to know a very special person on his home turf..

1 comment:

Mark said...

i wanna go too!

and do you need help with the flying part? let me know.