Thursday, August 12, 2010

Get Happy



There is an article in today's New York Times about what makes us happy. In general, it's not the things we buy (or stopped buying) that make us happy, but it's our experiences and interactions with others that do that.

In the '90's when I lost my high-paying job in advertising and took that as a sign to finally go after what I came to New York to do, be an artist. I was terrified, my safety net was gone. Now I had to face my fears and go for it, what if it didn't work out, then what? I'd have nothing else to dream about. My fears were entirely unjustified. It literally turned out to be the best thing that ever happened to me, it was challenging and thrilling and it worked! My social circle expanded tenfold and now, if I'm lucky, I'm making about one third of what I made then but easily ten times happier.

you can read the article here

No comments: