Saturday, February 12, 2011

Cairo


I've been getting a lot of wear out of this T shirt lately, mostly because...it's my newest T-shirt, I like the color and I like the way it fits, and secondly, because of all that's going on in Cairo these days. Political analysis is not my forte, I'm more of an emotional, one on one kind of guy and I've been thinking a lot lately of the two times I've been to Egypt. It's by far one of my favorite countries I've ever visited, not just for the history and amazing landscape and ancient art and architecture....all of which is totally amazing. It's really the people I met there that have made my trips so special, the total strangers who invited me into their homes and fed me and talked with me. The chance encounters and willingness to open up and connect and share made Egypt a very special place for me and I wish them noting but the best in the challenging time ahead.

No comments: