Friday, May 6, 2011

Comme Des Garcons


I had an awesome, only In New York kind of Day. It began with a Bikram Yoga class in chelsea with my friend Cheryl Donegan. From there we met Alix Perlstein in line at the amazing Comme Des Garcon's Archive sale at the croation church on 41st st. I said hi to the doorman from the NYC store as he walked by us on the line and he pulled us from the line and whisked us inside. It was like a museum show only you could try everything on and it was all for sale. They handed us a ginormous bag as we entered, over the course of a couple of hours I filled it with about 40 items and had to do some serious editing, luckily my opinianated friends Mark and AA were only too glad to help. For a little over $200.00 I got....a Junya Watanbe tee shirt with military logos from 2003, some insanely short, black Junya Watanabe shorts from 2002, 2 pair of crazy acrylic socks, a natural, untanned leather belt, a Fred Perry polo shirt colab, and, taa daa..., A shirt that I had fallen in love with in 2002. It's a plain white short sleeve cotton shirt covered in an industrial grey polyurethane, hard to explain why I love this so much but when I saw it today I had to have it and I could!

Going through this with Mark and AA we were often saying "I remember that"! and it's amazing how many clothing ideas that are very common these days I first saw in this line many moons ago. The sale is on till monday and there's more info here...

No comments: