Wednesday, May 4, 2011

I Love these "Circle In A Spiral" conceptual things going on in Mad Men ......



Here's Robert Morse singing "I believe In You" from the film version of "How To Suceed In Business Without Really Trying" a 1961 broadway musical. I'm pretty familiar with this because in high school we put on a production of it, great story, great songs and all around, pretty awesome. It's the kind of show that Don and Betty Draper probably would have seen on broadway. It's very much of it's time, it's about a guy who quickly advances up the corporate ladder, through charm, good luck and chutzpah finding his metier in advertising. This guy Robert Morse, who originated the role on broadway, then starred in the film version of "How To Suceed..." is still employed as an actor, he's now playing Bert Cooper on Madmen.

Still with me? good! I just saw the broadway revival of this musical starring Daniel Radcliffe, it reminded me of my years as a presentation producer at DDB.

No comments: