Monday, January 9, 2012

Losses loom larger than gains

I take this as another way to say that the things we most regret are what we didn't do rather than what we did do. I've been helping out at the New Museum these last few weeks of the Carsten Holler exhibition where the centerpiece is a long tubular slide that goes from the 4th to the 2nd floor. It's a little scary but a lot of fun and I ride it at least once a day, but I get a lot of people who change their minds or are having doubts about riding it and they ask me what it's like and I think about those phrases above and try to encourage people to let go and ride it. Letting yourself go rather than being ruled by fear is definately the way to go, it's how we develop our sense of who we are. I read an interesting article on the subject here

No comments: