Saturday, January 12, 2013

Supremely Thankful





The amazing thing about my accident on NYE is all of the people who have gone out of their way to check in with me. Friends sending me care packages from Eataly.....other's calling to tell me that they've had similar accidents and relating in very personal ways, but most of all, my realization that this could have played out very differently....I fell one story and landed on the back of my head and escaped with some miner cracks and twists, if I had landed differently this could have been "The End", "Fin" or any of those other euphemisms, I could have died but I didn't and for that I am supremely thankful, to be reminded of all the people in this world who care about me is a humbling, joyful experience, the nicest gift I could receive.

I didn't see this coming and I've been really nicely surprised, just another chapter in a life that I feel very lucky to be living.

No comments: