Saturday, May 31, 2014

The Normal Heart

I thought it was so cool that the recent HBO production of "The Normal Heart" used 2 songs from Roxy Music's "Avalon " album.....Roxy Music is the first ever band that mattered to me....when I heard "Love Is The Drug" on the radio in high school it was as if some spirit from some nether region was speaking to me only....it gave me chills. they were the first band I ever saw live and Ive since seen them at least 3 times, same for Bryan ferry solo. The Ironic thing is that when "Avalon" was released I was living in london and they played the title track on radio constantly and I had no idea who it was. I didm't really even pay attention to it....I was so much more into punky, new wavy sounding bands so this very adult sounding album didn't register with me at first, but now.......I love it

No comments: