Wednesday, May 14, 2014

This is a great time to be me..



Over the last few months I was asked to participate in a panel discussion at Strand Bookstore for my contribution to "Living and sustaining a creative life", I appeared in people magazine and artnews magazine and I was photographed at Frieze art fair for a style blog and asked to donate to the Visual Aids charity auction supporting a very worthy cause. I used to feel uncomfortable listing my achievements like that but now I think it's pretty cool. I used to have to pad my resume to make it look substantial before I sent it out, now I have to edit it down because at 4 pages it's too long for most prospective employers or galleries to read through. I used to have to invent a character or persona before going on a date or an important interview, now I just stay in touch with who I really am and I always do better than I did when I was playing a character or trying to be what I supposed others wanted me to be. It's really great to be able to relax and just lean into who I am.







http://www.quistyle.com/blog/archives/41547

No comments: