Monday, February 4, 2008

Carnaval In Astoria


Last night I went to a great party in queens, well actually I started by hitting the dugout where Mark Kane was grumpily leaning against a post, grumpy because there was no music as everyone was standing around watching the superbowl....watching TV is not my favorite thing to do in a bar either. After an hour or so of Mark's witty repartee I headed out to Clecio's in Astoria for a Carnaval party...Globo was broadcasting live from the Sambadromo in Rio...it looked like a superbowl party, everyone was sitting around drinking beer and watching the competition on a big screen TV but instead of it being about athletic prowess it was a competition based on asthetics . I immediatly recognized the song on the TV because it was one of the samba schools that I had seen last month , so it was amazing to see the same performance that we saw last month in rehearsal with the costumes, the nakedness and the dance moves all tightened up. Thanks Clecio for a really fun party!

1 comment:

Mark said...

next time, kidnap me.