Sunday, February 3, 2008

Sergio Camargo




The wood piece here is by Sergio Camargo. I saw it saturday at MoMA in a show called "New Perspectives in Latin American Art", I'm not too familiar with this artist at all . I like the organic and inorganic elements and the way they mix in this piece, but not so smoothly. It's a big show there are 2 parts, so if you go make sure you see it all. The Lucien Freud show "The Painter's Etchings" also includes many paintings, particularly small ones including a weird copy of a Chardin and this etching... which i want to own, so if anybody out there wants to buy me a gift.... The Richard Prince bags at Louis Vuitton are pretty cool and weird such as this embroidered joke bag....I'm surprised he is such a popular favorite. I loved the guggenheim show but I didnt think he was that well loved to have a big museum show. I was wrong!

No comments: