Saturday, February 16, 2008

Paul Housley , Richard Diebenkorn



I saw 2 excellent panting shows Yesterday. Richard Diebenkorn at the Grey art Gallery/NYU is a beautiful small show of Diebenkorn's "breakthrough " period in New Mexico as he was finding his style. It's really great to see all these rough, raw images and 50's action painting techniques, highly recommended and much livlier than I would have expected from Diebenkorn. I went to Paul Housley's opening at Sunday while doing laundry, it's great to have all these galleries a few blocks from my apartment now....I got a chance to see most of the workwhich I really liked, this Owl painting especially! Then I ran into some friends and met some new ones,,,, I highly recommend Sunday! Sean Horton is doing some really good shows there, and he is a fascinating guy too!

No comments: