Sunday, January 16, 2011

Why am I writing this...


To be honest, I'm not 100% sure. I started this in January 2008 when I met my friend Eduardo and he had a blog so I thought I'd try it too. I mostly just wrote and posted pictures so Eduardo and other friends of mine could see what I was up to. But now Facebook seems to have more and more taken over that role and I write less and less about my daily activities and more and more about more private issues, challenges and solutions to some of the more perplexing things that I encounter.

I guess more and more I'm writing just for me, just as a way to organize my thoughts and describe some of the challenges and rewards of being an artist and a gay man way past twinkdom navigating my way around NYC and the world.

I imagine that I sometimes come across as a bit of a pollyanna, no matter how much I drink my glass is still half full. I know that none of the challenges I face are perticularly earth shattering and none of my solutions are really that profound either, but there is something cathartic about writing them down and sending these thoughts up to the cloud.

Maybe it seems like I'm on a soapbox when it comes to certain issues, human rights, equality for gays and lesbians and that sort of thing ..I never used to much care about what went on outside my skin, but something has changed in me over the last couple of years. When I refer to other people here, especially those I know personally, I in no way mean to point fingers or blame or punish anyone, and if it comes across that way, I'd like to hear from you. I have had friends or aquantences bristle at some perceived slight towards them and I have gladly taken these posts down, no questions asked. I value all of my personal relationships and I am not out to vilify anyone.

I'm still not sure weather to keep this blog going or to just let it die a peaceful death and focus on my art blog Erik-Hanson.

No comments: