Sunday, January 20, 2008

Happy Birthday Capricorns!




It just dawned on me, I know a ton of Capricorns!

Van
Vince
Rolf
Eduardo
Matt
Chris
...and probably more that I can't think of now!

I started the night at my friend Vince's apt, where he always has something amazing to show me! This time it was some small paintings that he had recently gotten at the flea market, they are all about 4 x 6 inches and painted in the 1930's from a guy who lived in Argentina...really cool, and just begging to be framed and shown in the project room of a major gallery, Holland Cotter will write a glowing review in the Times! Vince and I enjoyed the Amazon chocolates that Eduardo sent to him from Brazil.

Rolf, my older brother, is in Costa Rica right now where he owns a bed and breakfast...I will try and get a picture of him to put up here....he is such a cool guy, we couldn't be more different but he's one of the warmest, most understanding and accepting persons I could ever know....I feel really lucky to be related to this guy. We have had some Great times together....more about him when i get a pic of him..

Van's Birthday is tuesday....we'll probably get together and watch a Carol Channing video or something

Eduardo's birthday was 2 weeks ago today, I think we should a point of spending it Rio every year from now on!

After Vince's I went to a super fun party for Matt Conners and Chris Moukarbel at Chris and Jake's new pad in tribeca...the fireplace was roaring....and the music was hotter! The dj was amazing and had the floor packed with everything from a bizarre remix of bizarre love triangle to Fleetwood Mac....everybody looked great...lots of stlyish Art Fags and beautiful women...it was like being at The Cock with an open bar....I was hoping Jake's bandmate Baby Daddy would be the featured go-go dancer but I arrived late and must have missed him...I missed Anderson Cooper too. It was almost as much fun as being at Torre in Sao Paulo and it made me miss Eduardo....A LOT! He is so much fun to go dancing with! Totally uninhibeted and uncool in a VERY cool way... man I really wish he was here! I met some really interesting people there, hey Noam! and ran into a lot of old friends that I hadn't seen in a while.....Amy Sillman was arriving just as I was leaving, I wish I could have stayed, Amy really lights up a room....she know's so many people and everyone LOVES her....I'm really glad she is doing so well now...she is the first artist I ever traded work with. The piece of hers that I own is above.

No comments: