Monday, January 14, 2008

Paraty & Pouso
















Weds we took the bus to Parati and met up with Eduardo´s sister Olga, her dughter Ju-Ju and husband Kino. Parati is a beautiful town with baroque churches and houses, a popular vacation spot. We just walked around the town then took Kino´s boat to the tiny beach town of Pouzo where we had a really cool house on the beach for a few days. The beach was beautiful, the water was perfect and Eduardo was suffering from sunburn, (I thought that didn´t happen to Brazilians???) I got to swim but Edu was in too much pain to do much of anything, Olga made some kick-ass kiwi Caiprinhas and Ju-Ju delivered them to us each afternoon around 5...then she made an incredible dinner for us each night of the freshest fish, dorado one night, caught that afternoon, fried calamari the next, straight from the boat...it was heaven, and the water was perfect there. Unfortunately Eduardo was really suffering though so we cut our trip short and returned to Sao Paulo on Saturday.

I really enjoyed traveling with him, we had a little tiff one afternoon, but no big deal. We cleared it up as soon as it appeared, and that was kind of nice. He´s been asking me to stay longer too, which is a pretty nice thing for him to say...I´d love too, but I know the longer I stay, the harder it´s gonna be to leave... I´m loving it here.

Yesterday I went to the Pinacoteca and saw some really cool brazilian art, tomorrow I go to the main Art museum, MASP and some galleries too...Today I just walked around all day going into stores, checking out the amazing buildings and becoming a token Paulista.

No comments: