Thursday, April 17, 2008

Bernard Buffet Retrospective In Frankfurt





First off let me say that I am 100% genuine in my enthusiasm here. I love this guy's work and I know a lot of people ridicule him, and don't take his work seriously. Granted, it is a little bit congealed stylistically . But for me it symbolozes a certain postwar europeon angst.. the existentialism of Sartre, the theatricality of Fassbinder and these starkly illuminated compositions by Bernard Buffet are all of a piece for me. This is probably a once in a lifetime event, to see such a major show by this artist and I am defiantely gonna try and make it there. Its up till August 3 at Museum für Moderne Kunst
Frankfurt am Main

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Buffet is my number one guilty pleasure, I am happy he is getting his due. I will try to get Frankfurt this summer.