Thursday, April 24, 2008

Garbage Truck.

> One day I hopped in a taxi and we took off for the
> airport. We were driving in the right lane when
> suddenly a black car jumped out of a parking space
> right in front of us. My taxi driver slammed on his
> brakes, skidded, and missed the other car by just
> inches! The driver of the other car whipped his head
> around and started yelling at us. My taxi driver
> just smiled and waved at the guy. And I mean, he was
> really friendly.
>
> So I asked, "Why did you just do that? This guy
> almost ruined your car and sent us to the hospital!"
> This is when my taxi driver taught me what I now
> call, "The Law of the Garbage Truck."
>
> He explained that many people are like garbage
> trucks. They run around full of garbage, full of
> frustration, full of anger, and full of
> disappointment. As their garbage piles up, they need
> a place to dump it and sometimes they'll dump it on
> you. Don't take it personally. Just smile, wave,
> wish them well, and move on. Don't take their
> garbage and spread it to other people at work, at
> home, or on the streets.
>
> The bottom line is that successful people do not let
> garbage trucks take over their day. Life's too short
> to wake up in the morning with regrets, so.....
> "Love the people who treat you right. Pray for the
> ones who don't."
> Life is ten percent what you make it and ninety
> percent how you take it
--

3 comments:

Mark said...

Have you been watching Legally Blonde or one of it's equivalents again?

Erik Hanson said...

You sound surprised?, you know what a happy positive guy I am....I do sometimes wonder when I put these parables up if my friends are gonna just think I am too corny

Anonymous said...

Hi Erik,

Thanks for posting this great story! My name is Chris, and I work with David J. Pollay, the author of The Law of the Garbage Truck™ - Beware of Garbage Trucks™! I just wanted to stop by and let you know that you can read the original story on David’s blog davidjpollay.typepad.com I know he’d love to have you stop by!

Also check out the video of people in New York City taking the No Garbage Trucks!™ Pledge: bewareofgarbagetrucks.com. It’s pretty cool.

Thanks again!

Chris

chris@bewareofgarbagetrucks.com