Friday, March 14, 2008

Matt Connors




Matt Connors opened a really cool show at Canada last night, he had told me a little bit about the installation when i ran into him earlier in the week and i was surprised, his paintings are so perfect in and of themselves that they don't need any kind of installation, I thought, sometimes I surprise myself at how conservative a thinker I can be. Well the show was awesome and of course Matt totally knew what he was doing, there were a few colored walls and the whole thing was logically illogical. There was one piece consisting of two paintings on a shelf, one obscuring the other that I can't get out of my mind. I can't wait to get back and see the show without any people, but of course, it was great to see so many great people there and Matt looked amazing in his Raf Simons suit.

No comments: