Friday, March 21, 2008

Neopolitan Pizza with Vinnie




Last night I got to hang out with my friend Vinnie, one of my favorite ways to spend time. We have very similar taste in Men and Food, and a lot of overlap in our taste in Music and Art. But what I like most about Vinnie is his infectious enthusiasm, he never complains about how great the east village was in the '80's (or '70's or '60's) and how lame it is now. He's always on top of what is new, high and low ( I still haven't thoroughly investigated High-School Musical), he has a considered opinion of whatever music is current and he was in college when Bob Dylan was playing coffee houses.

We finally got to try "Una Pizza Napoletana" on 12th street and it was great, 4 different personal size pies at $ 21.00 ea. so the menu was pretty easy to navigate. Then we went back to Vinnies and made imaginary magazine spreads. A perfect night!