Wednesday, March 5, 2008

The Whitney Biennial







Last night's opening party for the Whitney Biennial was a blast. Bill Arning came down from boston for one night only and we got to go together, we ran into a ton of old friends and caught up with people we had not seen in ages! William Basinski told us about the beautiful theaters he plays at in Italy as an experimental musician. And I got photographed in front of a GIANT KITTY LITTER BOX. To answer Eduardo Seabra's question, no it was not smelly! the giant kitty had not yet appeared.

The exhibition continued at the Armory, where Anton Kern and I both marveled at a piece in one of the upstairs rooms, I think it was by DJ Olive, of a feather attached to a turntable that strummed a guitar, really beautiful!

I was served some homemade tequila by Paul Judelson of I-20 gallery in Eduardo Serabia's cantina, delicious! Thanks

No comments: