Sunday, May 9, 2010

The downside to oversharing..

There is an interesting article in today's NY Times about the downside to sharing too much about your personal life online. I've had some bad experiences with this too, I think mostly because when you put up information or write something about how you're feeling, it's too easy for your readers to misinterpret what you're saying, or if it's a friend reading they can easily assume you're writing about them and somehow, seeing it in print can form these indelible impressions on people's brains....it's tricky stuff.
I'm sure I'll make more mistakes in this area, but I've learned some valuable lessons, and I hope to keep learning.

You can read the NYT article here...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Erik, you have NO idea---I've been for the past six months the focus of a couple of crazy people's assumptions. It really is scary when unstable people determine you've been writing about them all along and decide to break the fourth wall and harass you for real. Not something to be desired.