Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Pamplamoose Lady Gaga telephone Cover



I just discovered this band through my friend Bill. I like it but I started listening to some of their other covers (single ladies) and they start to seem rather formulaic. they seem to be a huge internet phenomenon with sharply divided opinions...I found the following on Tumblr and found it hilarious....

misseffieb:

I FUCKING HATE THAT STUPID TWEE BAND PAMPLAMOOSE

Okay?!? The internet seemed to think they were the best thing ever when they covered “Single Ladies” and then they started doing other covers with their oh-so-precious voices and instrumentation!

I know I’m the only person who thinks they’re irritating, and everyone else thinks they are geniuses for being white and singing black people songs in an ironic, saccharine tone.

LOOK HOW ADORABLE WE ARE they seem to hint, through their vacant eyes. LOOK AT HOW WE ARE SO FUCKING CUTE. THAT IS THE POINT OF OUR MUSIC WE TOOK SOMETHING UNEXPECTED BY BLACK PEOPLE AND WE ARE WHITE PEOPLE SINGING IT LIKE LITTLE ANGEL CHILDREN ISN’T THAT FUCKING ADORABLE!?? ALSO OUR NAME MEANS “GRAPEFRUIT” IN FRENCH BUT WE SPELLED IT PHONETICALLY INSTEAD OF CORRECTLY ISN’T THAT GODDAMN PRECIOUS.

I hate you, Pamplamoose.

No comments: